A modification can be sought to change the terms of a Final Judgment of dissolution of marriage. Modification is generally sought to change custody, child support and alimony. A party cannot modify equitable distribution of assets and liabilities. After the parties have a final judgment of dissolution of marriage or a final judgment of paternity, any party may file a petition for modification. Modification is only available on certain issues. Those issues are parental responsibility and the parenting plan, time sharing, child support and alimony. In order to be successful in a modification action, a party must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances to warrant a modification on the requested issue.


Should you need advice from a qualified divorce attorney on a modification, contact our office to schedule a consultation. We are here to support you with finding a positive outcome. Call us at (850) 784-2992 today. 


Schedule Your Consultation